Players to Watch: Weeden, Blackmon, Randle

Brandon Weeden, Senior QB:

After tossing the pigskin 367 yards in the air last week, the Texas pass defense doesn’t catch a break this week with Weeden coming to Austin. The 28-year-old senior has experience to spare and enough arm strength to make every pass seem like a casual flick. He threw for a season-low 288 yards against Kansas on 24 of 28 passing. He threw five touchdown passes against the Jayhawks and has 15 on the season. He does have six interceptions this year, but all of those came in the first three games of the season, with half of them coming in game one against Louisiana-Lafayette. Last year, he had one of his three 400-plus yard games against Texas, passing for 409 in Austin.

Justin Blackmon, Junior WR:

The Cowboy’s have began to form a bit of a reputation for producing NFL talent at receiver. Following Dez Bryant, Blackmon won the Biletnikoff award last year as a redshirt junior. Along with being named the best receiver in the country, he was a unanimous all-American and received Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year honors. He lit up Texas last season, catching 145 yards on just nine receptions, including a 67-yard catch and run in second quarter. He had at least 100 receiving yards in 12 games last year, and has three so far this year. Against the young Texas corners, he has a chance to have a big game on Saturday.

Joseph Randle, Sophomore RB:

With so much attention being paid to the Oklahoma State passing attack, Randle has quietly put together a good season having rushed for almost 500 yards so far. His 484 yards this season is already higher than his entire season total last year at 452. After rushing for 378 yards in the first three games, he has been held to 106 in his last two, including just 23 against Kansas. He may be the most important “X-factor” in the game this weekend. With the Texas defense preoccupied with stopping the high-powered Cowboy’s passing attack, he could take advantage of the lack of attention to get some yards on the ground against the Longhorns.