Keys to the Game: World Series Game 6

1. At least five innings from Colby Lewis – In order for the Rangers to continue their World Series roll, and win the team’s first ever championship, they will need a strong performance from their starting pitcher. Lewis has been the Rangers most consistent starter in October baseball, with a 2.95 ERA. If Lewis can navigate the team through five innings while allowing minimal damage, he can give the ball to the Rangers bullpen, which has been almost perfect all postseason.

2. Don’t pitch to the Machine – Albert Pujols is the best player in the game and in Game 3 he showed why with a three-homer and six RBI performance in game three. But in the last two games the Rangers have pitched around Pujols, and the strategy has paid off. The Rangers would like to finish the deal, they need to continue to tread carefully around Pujols and take the game out of his hands.

3. Solid Defense – The Rangers have won and lost games in this series on defensive plays. In Game 3, Mike Napoli’s errant throw from first allowed two runs to score and blew the game open for the Redbirds. But in Game Four, spectacular plays behind Derek Holland kept his shutout alive, and in Game 5 a key strike-em-out throw-em-out put the nail in the coffin for the Cardinals. If the Rangers get another strong game from the gloves, they will most likely be raising the trophy Wednesday evening.