UT women overpower Arizona

The No. 4 Longhorns improved to 5-1 in dual meets with a 128-115 win over the No. 9 Arizona Wildcats on Saturday in Tucson.

Texas had consistent swims across the board, with two freshmen earning their first collegiate victories. Kelsey LeNeave finished on top in both the 1000 and 500 distance freestyle events. Teammate Kaitlin Pawlowicz clocked in right behind her, with two second place finishes.

Freshmen continued to shock the pool as Gretchen Jaques raced to a top finish in the 200 IM. The Longhorns were able to snag the top three spots in the event, with exceptional swims followed by Leah Gingrich and Skylar Smith.

Senior Karlee Bispo provided strong finishes for Texas, with wins in both the 200 and 100 freestyle events. She remains unbeaten in the 200 freestyle and was the only swimmer to clock in a time under 50.00 in the 100 free.

Gingrich and Pawlowicz claimed the top two finishes in the 200 butterfly, while Laura Sogar won the 200 breaststroke. Sogar won the event by almost two seconds, making it her fifth win out of seven races this year.

Now back on track, the Longhorns hope to clench a final dual meet victory before the Big 12 Championships. The Texas women will face Southern Methodist University on Sat., Feb. 4 in Dallas.