Barrage of three-pointers, second straight solid defensive performance leads Longhorns past UT-Arlington

By the Numbers 
1.125: Texas’ assist-to-turnover ratio. For the first time all season, the Longhorns recorded more assists (18) than turnovers (16). Their turnover-to-assist ratio before Saturday’s win was 0.52.

29.5: UT-Arlington’s field goal percentage. This game marked the second straight that Texas held its opponent to under 30 percent shooting from the floor. Texas has held every opponent below 40 percent shooting from the floor.

1st Half: Texas fell behind 2-0 early but, after Julien Lewis’ three-pointer opened up the Longhorns’ scoring nearly three minutes after the opening tip, they did not trail again. They used a 12-2 run to distance themselves from UT-Arlington, who shot just 25.9 percent from the floor in the first half. Meanwhile, Texas shot 52 percent from the floor and hit eight of 15 three-point attempts (53.3 percent) from beyond the arc in the first 20 minutes. Lewis, Connor Lammert and Ioannis Papapetrou each hit at least two three-pointers before halftime.

2nd Half: Lewis picked up right where he left off, draining three three-pointers in the first five minutes of the second half, giving him a career-high six for the game. The Longhorns led by 28, 62-34, after the last of their 13 three-pointers, but were outscored by UT-Arlington, 20-8, over the final 20 minutes.