Women’s track and field leaves Leonard Hilton Memorial with six victories

Sophomore Morgan Snow trampled barrier after barrier as she won the 60-meter hurdle race at Friday’s Leonard Hilton Memorial Invitational in Houston.

The No. 14 Longhorns hauled in individual victories at the invitational, including sophomore Katilin Petrillose’s pole vault record (13-09.25), junior Shanay Briscoe’s high jump (5-08.75), senior Chalonda Goodman’s 60-meter dash, Snow’s 60-meter hurdle and junior Christy Udoh’s 200-meter dash (24.07).

“Everyone seems to be in harmony while remaining focused and positive,” Goodman said. “I am so proud of that. We know these goals require a lot of hard work and we still have to continue to step it up.”

Texas also won its second consecutive 4×400-meter relay. Juniors Danielle Dowi, Briana Nelson and freshman Courtney Okolo competed again, welcoming sophomore Chamique Francis this week in place of senior Kendra Chambers.

“We knew that this meet would be great preparation before we go to Arkansas,” said interim head coach Rose Brimmer. “So we loaded up in multiple events for many of the girls to make sure to get a good workout from today. I’d say it was mission accomplished.”

The Longhorns next compete Friday and Saturday at the Razorback Invitational hosted by the University of Arkansas.