Bobby Bones Show moving to Nashville

bobby bones
Courtesy of Bobby Bones

Bobby Bones of the top-rated “Bobby Bones Show” will continue his radio career in Nashville after broadcasting in Austin for the last time this Friday, Feb. 8.

Top-rated, local radio sensation “The Bobby Bones Show” is broadcasting its last show in Austin this Friday before moving to Nashville to become the biggest country music show in the U.S. 

The Austin-based show will broadcast on KHFI-KISS FM before moving to the KASE 101 country music station. Bobby and his co-hosts Lunchbox and Amy will broadcast their first show from Nashville on Feb. 25. 

“It is really bittersweet for me because it is something that I started and built from scratch with a group of friends,” Bones said in a press conference Monday. 

On Monday, Bones announced to the public for the first time that the show would be leaving Austin.

Journalism and broadcast news senior Sydney Bottoms interned for the top-rated show last year. She began her internship after she realized the show was unlike anything she had listened to before.

“I have never experienced an internship like that,” Bottoms said. “It’s really hands-on and you are thrown into everything and you kind of learn as you go. It was the most fun I’ve ever had.”

The show began as a top-40 show and according to Alayna Messer, the show’s executive producer, Bobby and the team are looking forward to the transition to a country music show. 

“Country is a different beast, and it’s a bit intimidating, but we all grew up listening to country, so it seems like a natural place to go,” Messer said.

When business sophomore and long-time fan of the show, Pooja Raman heard the news, she said she was sad, but also very happy to see them going to bigger things.

“I just see the show developing, not only with country music but with the community as well,” Raman said. 

Both Bottoms and Raman said despite the show’s new location and affiliation with country music, they will continue to listen to the show.

Messer said even broadcasting from a country music channel the show would remain true to its roots.

“We will still be able to reach the same audience, with the same topics, with the same people on the show that have gotten us to where we are today,” 

Messer said. “We’re going to work harder than ever, and make sure we take every opportunity to make the show a national success.”

Published on February 6, 2013 as "Bobby Bones show leaves Austin".