The Daily Texan’s Top 10 VMA moments

AP Exchange

Mrs. Carter Show World Tour; Starring Beyonce – Barclays Center show added on December 22nd, tickets on sale Monday, August 12th.

The Video Music Awards hold a hallowed place in the minds of all pop culture fanatics. Unlike the tame Academy Awards and elegant Grammy's, the Video Music Awards are ripe with dramatic proclamations and memorable moments. Here are the Daily Texan's Top 10 Moments:

1. BRITNEY SPEARS DONS A YELLOW PYTHON (2001)

If she's not the queen of pop, she's certainly Video Music Awards royalty. Spears upped the ante for VMA performances when, just "like that," she draped a yellow snake around her shoulders

2. BEYONCE REVEALS HER PREGNANCY (2011)

Just when we thought Beyoncé and Jay-Z couldn't be loved any more, they announced their pregnancy for us on national television. #BLUEIVY

3. BRITNEY SPEARS (AND CHRISTINA AGUILERA) KISS MADONNA (2003)

No one remembers that Madonna kissed Christina Aguilera too in her performance of "Like a Virgin." Watch closely for the quick pan to Justin Timberlake looking like a kicked puppy.

4. KANYE INTERRUPTS TAYLOR SWIFT (2009)

When Taylor Swift won the VMA for "Best Music Video," millions of fans were outraged for Beyoncé's shafted "Single Ladies" performance. Kanye West interrupted Swift's acceptance speech to make sure she knew.

5. LADY GAGA WEARS A MEAT DRESS (2010)

Gaga. In a dress. Made of meat.

6. THE SEA OF EMINEMS (2000)

Find Marshall Mathers, the Real Slim Shady, in this sea of his Eminem lookalikes. This image of dozens of Eminems may have terrified us as children, but it was certainly memorable.

7. BRITNEY SPEARS BECOMES A GROWN WOMAN (2000)

This may be the third Britney Spears moment on this list, but this video is important because it signaled Britney's adulthood.

8. BEYONCE LOWERS FROM THE CEILING (2003)

Being "Crazy in Love" with Beyoncé is easy after you watch her lower down from the ceiling in a harness and dance around in a weave that is to die for.

9. MICHAEL JACKSON PERFORMS FIFTEEN MINUTES OF HITS (1995)

Michael Jackson will always be the King of Pop and his live fifteen minute mashup of "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Black or White," "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" is pop music at its finest.

10. FIONA APPLE CALLS THE WORLD "BULLSH*T" (1997)

Fiona Apple began her acceptance speech sweetly, but it derailed quickly. By the end of her spotlighted moment Apple had sworn at the planet as well as her millions of fans.