Sexy Sally: Flexuality test

Sex_sexpertice_PloyBuraparate
Daily Texan Comics

Sexy Sally runs every Tuesday evening in Life & Arts. 

Editors note: This is the first in an ongoing series about sex and sexuality. Our four columnists represent four very different sexual experiences. Sexy Sally is the first installment.

Hello, fellow Longhorns. I’m Sexy Sally and I’m here to talk about what every college student thinks about but is probably too embarrassed to actually discuss: SEX. This column will be your chance to explore my sexual experiences with me.

For the first column, I took a Flexuality test, a 60-question quiz created by Dr. James W. Hicks, which evaluates the boundaries of heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality for test takers.

I. Love. Sex. It’s a huge part of who I am and how I’m developing as a young adult. And I’m basically a professional at it. You may think that makes me sound like a whore, but I view it more as embracing my sexuality. And, for the record, I don’t have sex with strangers or engage in one night stands. I just like casual sex with my gentlemen friends.

I’m what people like to call a lady on the streets but a freak in the sheets. My personality is very much intertwined with my sexuality, or "flexuality."  I was not the least bit surprised by my test results. Sure enough, I peak at supersexual (which ironically looks a little phallic on the graph if you ask me). Hicks uses supersexual as a term for “mostly straight men and women who value sex for its own sake and are always seeking new ways to express themselves.”

I don’t tie much emotion to sex. For me, it’s just a fun, natural way to unwind and relax. It’s also an opportunity to try new things and be adventurous. Now this doesn’t mean I’m going to go all "Fifty Shades of Grey," but I like to venture out of the traditional box of strictly straight sex.

The "flexuality" test showed that I am predominantly heteroflexible, which Hicks describes as “open to the possibility, at least, of having sex with someone of the same gender.” I do consider myself straight and I seek heterosexual relationships, but I would be lying if I said I haven’t dabbled with the ladies once or twice. But hey, it’s college and if I want to make out with a hot girl on a Friday night then that’s what I’m going to do.

Check out the next column in the series – Fabulous Frank explores his own "flexuality" test results tomorrow.