Twerk-or-Treat: How to be Miley Cyrus for Halloween

Miley
The Associated Press

Did someone say twerk-or-treat?

With the onset of October comes the task of planning a Halloween costume. Among popular costumes are the typical witches, vampires and werewolves, but this year’s most popular costume may come as a surprise. 

According to E!, various replicas of the infamous foam finger used by Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music Awards in August, are flying off the shelves.  

Cyrus dropped jaws with her performance at the VMAs when she gyrated across the stage, tongue out, and grinded on “Blurred Lines” singer Robin Thicke. Although the performance received mixed reviews, mostly negative, Cyrus’ popularity has soared to an all-time high. Her performance helped her generate 306,000 tweets per minute during the show, and landed her a No. 1 single. 

Despite her wild and crazy ways, America can not get enough of the twerking queen.   

Currently, two Amazon vendors are selling copies of the foam finger used at the music awards show. While anyone can purchase a foam finger, these vendors are making it clear that this is a memento in honor of the former Disney Channel darling.

“Drop some jaws and raise more than just eyebrows with this outrageous foam finger,” the description says. “A replica of a certain former teeny-bopper’s from a certain scandalous award show performance. We know you want it.”

In addition to the now iconic foam finger, trick-or-treaters can also buy a T-shirt with the image of a teddy bear on it, synonymous with Cyrus’ one-of-a-kind leotard. This bear has become a staple in Cyrus’ recent performances including appearances in the “We Can’t Stop” music video and her wild music awards show performance. 

If you are curious about how much it costs to become Cyrus for a night, the prices are certainly reasonable. Both of the foam fingers retail for less than $15, while the T-shirts are available for $23. 

If you are looking to walk on the wild side for a night opt for a Cyrus-inspired Halloween costume.