Sexy Sally: Why I have sex

Sex_sexpertice_PloyBuraparate

Daily Texan Comics

Sexy Sally runs every Tuesday evening in Life & Arts. 

Sexy Sally

Why do I have sex? 

We have sex to get what we want. For most people, sex is a way to express their love or attraction for another person. Some people are just looking for a good time on Saturday night.

For me, I want it all.  I want the passion, the excitement and the story.

Let’s be real, we all love those TV shows that feature steamy political affairs and sexy public hook-ups. I’m looking at you, Kerry Washington.

While most people watch these shows and fantasize about scantily-clad quickies, I live them out.

Having sex on a bed is satisfying to an extent, but I much prefer my sex with a little bit of risk involved. Sex in a public restroom, for instance.

The first time I had sex in a public restroom was after a really rough weekend full of friend drama and mounds of homework. Once everything was turned in, I decided to grab a drink (or five) with a few of my friends. Everyone was having a great time, and I was definitely feeling a lot better.

Quite a bit of tequila later, I had my sights set on Ryan* (you know, the one who introduced me to masturbating during sex). He was looking real sexy with his hipster v-neck and perfectly suave hair. After a few flirty smiles and sly text messages under the table, it was on.

I quietly excused myself to the bathroom and he followed a few seconds later. We locked ourselves in a cramped one-person restroom and went at it.

Knowing that there was a large group of innocent people on the other side of the door was terrifying, thrilling, and exhilarating. The sex was absolutely fantastic.

We walked out with tousled hair and semi-unbuttoned clothes a few minutes later. Our friends totally knew, but whatever. So worth it.

I have sex because it’s fun. Sex is one aspect of my life where I allow myself to live on the edge a little bit.

To do something a little wild and crazy in the bedroom – or in public – every once in awhile can make sex a total adrenaline rush.

I know I’ll be able to look back on my college days and know I at least tried everything once. And I do take a little bit of pride in never losing “never have I ever…."