Bios for advisory committee members set to assist with UT’s search for a new athletics director

UT’s search for a new athletic director will be facilitated by a seven-member advisory committee appointed by President William Powers Jr. Former athletic director DeLoss Dodds announced his retirement Oct. 1. The committee members listed below will work with the search firm Korn/Ferry International, which was hired by UT earlier this month.

Steve Hicks serves on the University of Texas System Board of Regents and is currently serving his second term as vice chairman of the board. Hicks serves as an athletics liaison in addition to serving on multiple committees.

Robert Stillwell also serves on the Board of Regents and as a liaison for athletics. He obtained his undergraduate degree from UT and later returned to obtain his law degree from the UT School of Law.

Michael Clement is the KPMG faculty fellow in accounting education and professor of accounting within the McCombs School of Business. He currently serves as the faculty representative for UT’s men’s and women’s athletic councils and worked as the vice president of global investment research for Goldman Sachs Group Inc. from 2002-2004.

Charles Matthews is the current president of the Texas Exes Board of Directors. Matthews was formerly vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil Corp.

Robert Rowling is a former UT regent and UT alumnus. Rowling’s family donated $25 million to construct a graduate school building for the McCombs School of Business in March of this year. The building, located at the corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Guadalupe Street, is set to be named Rowling Hall.

Charles Tate was a member of the Commission of 125, a 75 member committee which issued recommendations in 2004 for UT’s next 25 years. Tate received his Bachelor of Business Administration from UT. He is also a member of the McCombs School of Business Hall of Fame.

Pamela Willeford was formerly the chair of the Texas Higher Education Board and a UT graduate. She also served as a U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein from October of 2003 and May of 2006.