Fantasy Basketball Waiver Wire: Get ‘em before they’re gone!

For those of you in a fantasy basketball league looking for some ways to improve your team, here is a list of players you may want to consider picking up this week. This list is typically for a standard 12-team league.

Point Guards

Ramon Sessions (CHA): In case you missed it, Charlotte Bobcats starting point guard Kemba Walker went down over the weekend with a second degree ankle sprain. Walker is expected to miss at least 10-14 days, so the next man up is none other than Sessions. On Monday, Sessions posted 23 points, two boards and two assists in 34 minutes. He looked good in head coach Steve Clifford’s offense and is definitely going to get his playing time.

Patrick Beverley (HOU): Beverley returned to the Rockets lineup Monday night with 17 points and three 3-pointers. Earlier in the season, Beverley challenged Jeremy Lin for the starting job, and that may very well happen again. Beverley is worth a look in all leagues.

Shooting Guards

Marco Belinelli (SA): As Danny Green sits out with a fractured hand, Belinelli is logging more and more minutes. He’s worth a look in leagues because he can shoot the 3-point shot, get the occasional assist and shoots a fairly high percentage for a shooting guard, at 51.2 percent.

Randy Foye (DEN): Foye has been hot as of late. He is up there in league leaders for 3-pointers made in January, but really, that’s all this guy does. Foye is normally up-and-down, but in 2014, Foye is averaging 17 points and 3.2 3-pointers per game. If you are one of those saying “three please,” Foye is your guy.

Small Forwards

Wesley Johnson (LAL): Well, the Black Mamba is still out and will be for a while. Johnson had 11 points and 11 rebounds on Friday night and has been putting up very consistent numbers as of late. He is also getting 1.6 steals over his last five games. If you are desperate, go for the former Syracuse star.

Mike Dunleavy (CHI): This guy is sneaky consistent and the three main categories (points, rebounds and assists) and even provides steals. In his last ten games, Dunleavy is averaging 12.1 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.7 3-pointers and one steal. Those aren’t standout numbers, but they’re worth a pick up.

Power Forwards

DeMarre Carroll (ATL): The former Missouri star is doing work in Atlanta. The loss of Al Horford has helped him too. He is averaging 35.7 minutes per game in his last six contests. On the season, he averages 9.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and gets a steal and a block here and there.

James Johnson (MEM): Johnson has been on the free agent list in my league for too long now. He is ranked 41st in my league, so he must be worthy, right? Johnson does a little, and I do mean a little, bit of everything. He is averaging 7.9 points, 4.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.8 blocks per game this season.

Centers

Timofey Mozgov (DEN): This was tough, but Mozgov is productive when he plays. If head coach Brian Shaw decides to start Mozgov and play him starter’s minutes, he can be dangerous. With averages of 8.7 points and 6.0 rebounds, he does not seem too attractive, but he has had some games where he gets monster double-doubles.

Markieff Morris (PHX): Morris is on fire. In his last three games, he has posted 24 points, 23 points and 16 points to go along with seven rebounds, 12 rebounds and six rebounds. Morris tends to play better on his home floor, but if you are looking for a guy who is feeling it these days, Morris is your guy.