Mack Brown lands job with ESPN

2013-12-15_Mack_Brown_resignation_charlie
Charlie Pearce

Mack Brown speaks to media in December 2013 at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium about stepping down as the head coach of the Texas football team. Brown will receive the lifetime achievement award at the Paul “Bear” Bryant Awards on Jan. 13, 2016.

Former Texas coach Mack Brown has inked a deal with ESPN to become a college football studio analyst starting this season.

Brown joins ESPN after spending 16 years as head coach of the Longhorns.

Brown will appear on ESPN’s “College Football Countdown.” The countdown show will feature pregame, halftime and postgame commentary for games on ABC as well as “Saturday Night Football.” Brown will work with John Saunders and former Florida State quarterback Danny Kanell.

“I’m so excited and grateful to be joining ESPN’s college football coverage team,” Brown said in a news release. “We’ve been talking about it for a few months, and I think it’s a great opportunity to continue to be an active part of a game I love so much. People who know me know I’m a football junkie, so I’m really looking forward to watching and studying teams, sharing thoughts, and talking football with all of the passionate college football fans across the country each and every week.”

Joining ESPN alongside Brown is former North Carolina coach Butch Davis who will be an analyst for ESPN2’s college football studio coverage on
Saturdays.