Texas faces tough challenge against Florida

No. 3 Texas looks to remain undefeated when it travels to face No. 11 Florida on Saturday.

The Longhorns (3-0) had an easy time against last weekend’s competition in the Lobo Classic, but the Gators (3-0) present a more difficult challenge — a challenge head coach Jerritt Elliott is excited about.

“We like to schedule tough,” Elliott said. “We need to schedule tough. Especially, when we’re on the road in the regionals, I want to put them in some environments where they’re going to be tested both physically and emotionally.”

Texas looks to carry over recent momentum into its match against Florida and for sophomore outside hitter Pilar Victoria to build off her early-season dominance.

Victoria opened the season with a career high 14 kills against UTEP, and she looks forward to being challenged by Florida.

“Right now, we’re very excited,” Victoria said. “It’s very nice to test ourselves.”

While the Longhorns are prepared for the tough competition Florida presents, Elliott knows a loss isn’t the end of the world.

“Our goal is to win every match,” Elliott said. “But, we can learn a lot from winning and losing.”

Texas’ match against Florida can be seen on the SEC Network on Saturday at 6:30 p.m.