By The Numbers: Iowa State

85-28-4: Texas’ all time record in its seventh game of the season — a win percentage of 72.6 percent.

1-0-1: Texas’ record when entering a game 2-4 on the season, which has only happened in the 1954 and 1955 seasons. At 2-4, Texas is off to its worst start since 1956, when the Longhorns started 1-5.

10-1: The Longhorns hold a 10-1 edge in the series against Iowa State. Texas’ lone loss to the Cyclones came in 2010 — the last time the Longhorns missed a bowl game, which would almost certainly be the case this year if they lose this weekend.

36-19: The series’ average score, in Texas’ favor.

12: The Longhorn defense has surrendered only 12 first-half points in the season’s first six games. Over the same span, the Longhorns have given up 14 first-half points on special teams and seven points on offense.

6: The number of touchdowns caught this season by senior wide receiver John Harris, tied for the conference lead. Harris caught a Hail Mary touchdown at the end of the first half in last year’s 31-30 victory over Iowa State.

0: The number of touchdowns caught by receivers not named John Harris this season. Of Texas’ eight touchdown passes, Harris has caught six, and junior tight end M.J. McFarland has caught the other two.

13: Through six games, Iowa State has allowed 13 sacks. The Longhorns have sacked the quarterback 21 times this season, which puts them in a tie with Baylor for most in the conference.

47.4%: The Cyclones allow opponents to pick up first downs on over 47 percent of their third down attempts, which is the worst rate in the Big 12. Texas allows opponents to convert on less than a third of their third down attempts.

4.3: The number of yards, per play, the Longhorn defense is allowing this season — the fourth fewest in the country. Texas only allows 2.79 yards per play in wins while giving up 4.96 per play in losses. 

346.3: Yards of total offense the Longhorns are averaging per game this season — eighth in the Big 12. But Iowa State’s offense has had even more trouble moving the ball, averaging just 337.3 yards of offense per game, which is ninth in the conference.

32.3: The amount of yards the Longhorns are allowing per kickoff return — the highest number in the country. They have only allowed six kick returns through six games, but Oklahoma returned one of those for a touchdown last week.

384: Yards of total offense sophomore quarterback Tyrone Swoopes accounted for last weekend — 334 passing yards and 50 rushing, both career highs. That total is a Red River Rivalry record for a quarterback, eclipsing former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford’s mark of 382 yards in 2008.