By The Numbers: Oklahoma State

ByTheNumbers_2014-11-08_Texas_vs_West_Virginia_Fest_Sarah
Sarah Montgomery

37-23-2: Texas’ all-time record in the 11th game of the season, a win percentage of 59.7 percent. The Longhorns have dropped all three previous such games when entering with a record of 5-5.

23-5: The all-time series record between the Longhorns and the Cowboys, in Texas’ favor. The Longhorns hold a 7-1 advantage on the road and have won their last seven games in Stillwater.

32-18: The average score of games in the series, in Texas’ favor. On the road, Texas averages 40 points per game against the Cowboys, who average 26 points per game when hosting the Longhorns.

6-1: The record of the road team in games between Texas and Oklahoma State since 2007. During that stretch, both teams have won three times on the road. Neither team has won at home since 2008, when the Longhorns defeated the Cowboys.

25: The number of sacks allowed by Oklahoma State’s offensive line, most in the Big 12, through the first nine games of the season. In January, the Cowboys’ offensive line coach, Joe Wickline, left for Texas. Under Wickline, the ‘Pokes allowed the fewest sacks in the conference in four of the past five seasons.

143: The amount of plays of 10+ yards allowed by the Cowboy defense, third most in the conference, through nine games this season. In comparison, the Texas defense has only allowed 123 plays of 10+ yards through 10 games.

32.7%: The conversion rate of the Longhorns on third down, last in the conference. The Cowboys only convert 35 percent of their third down attempts, which is second worst in the Big 12. But in conference play, Oklahoma State is only converting 31.1 percent of its attempts, which is last in the Big 12, while the Longhorns are converting 34.9 percent of their attempts, which ranks ninth in the conference.

17.4: Number of points per game the Longhorns have surrendered in their five away games — fewest in the conference and seventh-best in the nation. However, the Longhorns only score 20.3 points per game away from home, which is tied for 101st in the nation and second fewest in the Big 12.

78.9%: The red zone completion percentage of sophomore quarterback Tyrone Swoopes, second best in the nation. On 19 pass attempts inside the opponent’s 20, the sophomore has thrown eight touchdowns and just one interception.

0: The number of touchdowns Texas has scored in the third quarters of its last eight games. Over that stretch, the Longhorns did not score more than three points in a third quarter and were shut out in the quarter five times.

90.3%: The Cowboys’ red zone scoring percentage, second most in the Big 12. The Longhorn defense surrenders a score on only 72.7 percent of possessions in the red zone, which is second best in the conference and fifteenth in the nation. In conference play, the Longhorns have surrendered a score in only 16-of-25 trips inside the 20, which is the sixth-best rate in the country.

1997: The last year Texas and Oklahoma State met with neither team ranked in the top 25. The Cowboys convincingly won that matchup, 42-16.

2-5: Texas’ all-time record against Oklahoma State when entering the game with more losses than the Cowboys. But the Longhorns are 6-0 against Oklahoma State when both teams enter with the same number of wins.