Live Blog: Texas takes on Oklahoma State in Stillwater

Shelby Tauber

STILLWATER, OK. — Riding a two-game win streak, the Longhorns are in Stillwater, Oklahoma, to take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys tonight. In a matchup of two desperate teams, the Longhorns will look to get their sixth win of the season and gain bowl elibigbility. Follow here and @texansports on Twitter for live updates and commentary.

9:45 – 4Q 0:00 – Texas 28, Oklahoma State 7 – The Longhorns defeat the Cowboys to earn their sixth win of the season and gain bowl eligibility.

9:27- 4Q 4:31- Texas 28 Oklahoma State 7- Swoopes finds freshman wide receiver Armanti Foreman for the 45-yard score.

9:16- 4Q 9:02- Texas 22 Oklahoma State 7- The Cowboys drive 61 yards on 10 plays to avoid the shut out. 

9:02- End of the Third Quarter- Texas 22 Oklahoma State 0- Longhorns force an eighth punt by Oklahoma State. They will start the fourth quarter from their own 26.

8:45- 3Q 7:37  – Texas 22 Oklahoma State 0- Placekicker Nick Rose nails a 44-yard field goal. He has converted on three of his four field goal attempts thus far

8:44- 3Q 9:00- Texas 19 Oklahoma State 0- Swoopes finds freshman wide receiver Armanti Foreman for 29-yards on third down for his longest completion of the game thus far.

8:28- 3Q 13:13- Texas 19 Oklahoma State 0- Texas is forced to punt for the first time tonight on its first possession of the half. Oklahoma State starts with the ball at the 50. 

7:58- End of the First Half- Texas 19 Oklahoma State 0- Sophomore safety Dylan Haines intercepts a Daxx Garman pass in the end zone to preserve the shutout. Haines, a former walk-on is tied for the team lead in interceptions with three. 

7:54- 2Q 0:43- Texas 19 Oklahoma State 0- Junior placekicker Nick Rose connects from 34-yards out. Texas has scored on four of its first five drives. It has outgained Oklahoma State 263-26 thus far.

7:48- 2Q 2:00- Texas 16 Oklahoma State 0- Longhorns force another punt thanks to consecutive sacks. The Longhorns lead the sack battle 3-1 thus far. Since sacks became an official sack, they have never lost to Oklahoma State when they record at least the same number of sacks as the Cowboys.

7:43- 2Q 2:34- Texas 16 Oklahoma State 0- Senior wide receiver Jaxon Shipley nearly hauls in a touchdown but is injured on the play. Junior placekicker Nick Rose misses a 21-yard field goal off of the upright. First time this half the Longhorns fail to score.

7:31- 2Q 8:06- Texas 16 Oklahoma State 0: Texas forces the Cowboys to punt for the fourth time this half. Longhorns start the drive at their own 36.

7:23- 2Q 9:33- Texas 16 Oklahoma State 0: Junior placekicker Nick Rose connects on a 51-yard field goal. Texas has scored on all three of its possessions and have outgained the Cowboys 174-29 from scrimmage thus far. 

7:12- End of the 1st Quarter- Texas 13 Oklahoma State 0: The Cowboys finally move the ball for positive yards but are forced to punt. Texas opens the second quarter from its own 35, up two scores. 

7:04- 1Q 2:33- Texas 13 Oklahoma State 0: Junior running back Johnathan Gray runs it in from six-yards out to give the Longhorns a two score lead. Gray now has scored five touchdowns in the last three games.

6:55- 1Q 6:31- Texas 6 Oklahoma State 0: The Longhorns force another punt and start this drive from their own 19. The Oklahoma State offense has run six plays for negative six yards through two possessions. 

6:48-1Q 8:07- Texas 6 Oklahoma State 0: The Longhorns strike first on a 10 play 57-yard drive capped by a 19-yard touchdown pass from Swoopes to senior wide receiver John Harris. The Longhorns do not convert the ensuing PAT. Swoopes has now thrown nine of his 11 touchdown passes in the red zone.

6:44-1Q 9:00- Texas 0 Oklahoma State 0: Sophomore quarterback Tyrone Swoopes is sacked for an 11-yard loss to the Oklahoma State 30 yard line.

6:39-1Q- Texas 0 Oklahoma State 0: The Longhorns force a three and out after a sack by junior defensive tackle Malcom Brown. Longhorns begin the possession from their own 38.

6:33- Texas wins the coin toss and defers to the second half. Oklahoma State will receive the opening kickoff.