Stock Up, Stock Down: TCU

Stock Up: Armanti Foreman

For the first time this season, a receiver other than seniors Jaxon Shipley and John Harris stepped up. Coming into Stillwater, Oklahoma, Foreman had never recorded no more than 12 receiving yards in a  game, but against the Cowboys, the true freshman racked up 74 yards and a touchdown, showing his ability to stretch the field. Texas needs some other receivers to step up and show promise for what appears as though will be a weak receiving corps next season. With his performance Saturday, Foreman showed he has the ability to be one of those guys.

Stock Down: Marcus Johnson

The junior receiver keeps falling further and further down the depth chart. Sophomore Jacorey Warrick and freshman Armanti Foreman both outperformed the junior in the last game and appear ready to overtake him on the depth chart. Johnson needs to earn the trust of sophomore quarterback Tyrone Swoopes in the next couple games if he wants to be a major factor next year. He is struggling to get by defenders on deep balls, which are supposed to be his strength, and is dropping balls on shorter routes. What a disappointment Johnson has been.

Stock Up: Malcom Brown

The junior defensive tackle was absolutely dominant. It’s nothing new, as he has arguably been the best player for Texas this year. He recorded two sacks and forced a fumble in Stillwater. It was his first multi-sack game since the UCLA game. Most important for him was his ability to stuff the run. He got into the backfield quickly and often, helping limit the Cowboys to just 23 carries for 34 yards. That’s a 1.5-yard-per-carry average. While Brown doesn’t deserve all the credit for shutting down the run, he was certainly the biggest reason for it.

Stock Up: Tyrone Swoopes

Mr. Inconsistency is at it again. After back-to-back 300 yard games midseason, the sophomore appeared to have turned the corner. Then he laid three straight eggs against Kansas State, Texas Tech and West Virginia. Against Oklahoma State, however, he was far and away the best quarterback on the field. He completed 72 percent of his passes — his highest rate of the season — en route to yet another 300-yard game. Unlike his other 300-yard outings, however, he didn’t throw a pick. Another performance like that will give Texas a chance against TCU. But who knows what Texas will get out of Mr. Inconsistency?