AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl: Texas- Arkansas Live

web_swoopes_ethan
Ethan Oblak

After a 6-6 regular season in his first year at Texas, Charlie Strong and the Longhorns take on Arkansas in the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl. The Razorbacks also finished their season 6-6 and want to end their second season under head coach Bret Bielema on a winning note.

8:03- Texas wins the toss and defers to the second half. Arkansas will receive the ball to start the game. 

8:11- 12:18 First Quarter, Arkansas 0 Texas 0: The Longhorns force the Razorbacks to punt on their first drive. Texas starts on offense at its own eight yard line.

8:17- 12:07 First Quarter, Arkansas 0 Texas 0: Longhorns burn their first time out of the half to avoid a delay of game penalty following a false start.

8:21- 8:53 First Quarter, Arkansas 0 Texas 0: The Longhorns move the chains but are forced to punt following a sack on third down. Razorbacks start their second possession on the Texas 48.

8:31- 4:32 First Quarter, Arkansas 3 Texas 0: Razorbacks get on the board first following a 32-yard field goal by Adam McFain. 

8:40- 2:01 First Quarter, Arkansas 3 Texas 0: The Longhorns move the ball into Arkansas territory but are forced to punt. Razorbacks start drive from their own 13.

8:47-End of the First Quarter, Arkansas 3 Texas 0: A late hit penalty moves Arkansas inside of Texas territory.

8:52- 14:15 Second Quarter, Arkansas 10 Texas 0: Arkansas takes a two score lead on a 36-yard touchdown reception by Demetrius Wilson.

9:00- 13:09 Second Quarter, Arkansas 10 Texas 0: Longhorns are forced to punt giving the Razorbacks the ball back on their own 27. Sophomore quarterback Tyrone Swoopes has completed two of six pass attempts for negative one yard.

9:11- 8:13 Second Quarter, Arkansas 17 Texas 0: Longhorns fumble the ball in their own end zone and the Razorbacks recover to take a three score lead.

9:24- 3:59 Second Quarter, Arkansas 17 Texas 7: Swoopes runs it in himself from nine yards out to cap an eight-play 44 yard drive.

9:29- 1:07 Second Quarter, Arkansas 17 Texas 7: Razorbacks use their first time out of the half and are threatening inside the Texas 10 yard line.

9:33- 0:24 Second Quarter, Arkansas 24 Texas 7: Razorbacks push their lead back to 17 on a five yard touchdown strike on third down and goal.

9:35- Halftime, Arkansas 24 Texas 7: The Longhorns will receive to start the third quarter.

10:02- 13:22 Third Quarter, Arkansas 24 Texas 7: Longhorns start the half with the ball but are forced to punt as third-quarter scoring woes continue. Razorbacks start drive at the Longhorn 35 after a nice return.

10:10- 9:07 Third Quarter, Arkansas 24 Texas 7: The Razorbacks miss a 32-yard field goal wide right. Longhorns start their second drive of the third quarter at their own 20 yard line.

10:19- 8:37 Third Quarter, Arkansas 24 Texas 7: Swoopes misses junior wide receiver Daje Johnson for what should have been a first down but the Longhorns are forced to punt.

10:36- End of the Third Quarter, Arkansas 24 Texas 7.

10:51- 11:41 Fourth Quarter, Arkansas 31 Texas 7: The Razorbacks expand their lead on a one-yard touchdown run.

Final- Arkansas takes the AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl 31-7, giving Texas its seventh loss of the season and second losing season since 2010.