10 sweet Austin dessert options for this Valentine’s Day

2015-02-09_Chocolate_Elisabeth_Dillon4982
Elisabeth Dillon

Still trying to figure out how to put the sweet in sweetheart this Saturday? Consider visiting any one of these Austin establishments for all your Valentine’s Day needs. 

Halcyon

Everyone needs s’more loving in their lives, and Halcyon is ready to help. Tableside s’mores, served for two or four people, should be washed down with a chocolate espresso martini. If you are afraid of fire, consider ordering the crepes. Choose the classic Nutella crepe with toasted walnuts.

La Pâtisserie

Does your significant other heart New York more than they heart you? Take them to La Pâtisserie and try a riff on Dominique Ansel’s famous cronuts — they’re worth every sugary bite. Grab a few French macaroons for the road while you’re at it.

JuiceLand

If health is a priority this V-Day, head to JuiceLand for a lighter option. The dessert smoothies are a prime option. Made with almond milk, banana, cacao powder, brown rice protein and dates, the Moontower smoothie packs the perfect chocolaty punch.

Whole Foods Market

A grocery store might not seem like the most romantic destination, but Whole Foods offers a candy and chocolate bar selection fit for kings. Pro tip: Mix, match and buy more than you think you need — you will eat it all. 

Holy Cacao

Holy Cacao is home to a variety of cake balls made from scratch. For those thinking about popping the question on Saturday, I recommend the “Wedding Balls” flavor. Another food truck option is Gourdough’s donuts. The Gourdough’s closest to campus sits behind the University Co-op.

Sweet Ritual

Have a “Lady and the Tramp” moment while you split a glorious vegan ice cream sundae at Sweet Ritual. Request to have the edible glitter top your sundae. Don’t forget to buy a mini bear-shaped bottle filled with vegan salted caramel sauce. 

Mrs. Johnson’s Bakery

Donut know what all the fuss is about Valentine’s Day? Plan to watch sad movies alone in your apartment? Head to Mrs. Johnson’s Bakery to grab a box of hot and fresh glazed doughnuts beforehand for some unconditional love.

24 Diner

If it is 3 a.m. and you still haven’t fed your date dessert, go to 24 Diner and order one of their glorious milkshakes. The Roasted Banana & Brown Sugar milkshake amends any transgression. Housemade desserts change seasonally so make sure to ask your server for the Valentine’s Day special.

Cream Whiskers

If you and your special someone are relegated to the campus area for the weekend, Cream Whiskers is the perfect go-to. The regular cream puffs are light and airy, making it easy to down five or six so take advantage of the Valentine’s gift set of a dozen mini cream puffs. Get your orders in before midnight tonight to ensure a dreamy treat-filled day.

Just want to stay in all night with your lovely partner? Go the homemade route and make some rich and fudgy chocolate brownies. Read the Texan's recipe for delicious brownies here.