Nine Longhorns head to Tulsa for ITA Men’s All-American Championships

The Longhorns head to Tulsa this weekend to compete in the 2015 Saint Francis Health System ITA Men’s All-American Championships. The tournament will be played in three rounds and players who advance to the singles quarterfinals, doubles finals and consolation finals will all receive entry into the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championship. Texas will send nine players of its 12-man roster to compete.

On Oct. 3, the pre-qualifying singles consolation and pre-qualifying singles draw will take place.  

Seniors Nick Naumann and Micheal Riechmann, sophomore John Mee, redshirt sophomore William Jou, redshirt freshman Julian Zlobinsky, and freshmen Harrison Scott and Johnny Goodwin will all compete in this round. Naumann first appeared at this tournament when he was a sophomore and lost in the singles qualifying final round. Last year, Riechmann lost in the first round of pre-qualifying.

Junior George Goldhoff and freshman Liam Carcuana begin match play on Oct. 5 in the qualifying singles round. Golfhodd and Carcuana will also team up as doubles partners to compete in the qualifying doubles round. This is Goldhoff’s third appearance at this championship. In 2013, Goldhoff advanced all the way to the main singles draw quarterfinals.  

The tournament will begin Oct. 3, and a winner will be crowned Oct. 12.