Texas men’s golf finishes in tie for sixth at U.S. Collegiate Championship

The Texas men’s golf team closed out its third tournament of the season Sunday at the United States Collegiate Championship at The Golf Club of Georgia in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Longhorns finished in a tie for sixth out of 17 teams at 5-over par.

Junior Beau Hossler led the way for the Longhorns after posting rounds of 70, 71 and 71 to finish in a tie for eighth and 4-under for the tournament. It’s Hossler’s second top-10 finish of the season in as many starts after winning the Nike Golf Collegiate Invitational two weeks ago. 

Sophomore Scottie Scheffler finished in a tie for 18th and even par for the tournament after shooting 73, 73 and 70. Sophomore Doug Ghim tied for 22nd at 1-over after posting 72, 73 and 72. Junior Gavin Hall finished in a tie for 50th and redshirt sophomore Taylor Funk tied for 79th.

Auburn and Wake Forest shared the title after finishing in a tie for first at 9-under, four strokes clear of Clemson. Four players tied for first in the individual standings. Stanford junior Maverick McNealy, Virginia junior Derek Bard, Wake Forest freshman Cameron Young and Auburn junior Will Long all finished at 6-under to share the individual title.

The Longhorns will head to Dallas on Oct. 26-27 for the Royal Oaks Intercollegiate at the Royal Oaks Country Club.