Women’s tennis to compete in ITA Regionals

The Longhorns will travel Thursday to College Station for the ITA Regional Championships. Texas is sending senior Breaunna Addison, freshman Chelsea Crovetti, senior Lana Groenvynck, junior Neda Koprcina and sophomore Dani Wagland to College Station for the tournament, which lasts until Monday. The Longhorns will compete with all women’s tennis schools in Texas.

The tournament is the first ITA event for the team this year with the exception of Addison, who competed in the ITA All-American Championships, which was held Oct. 6-9 in Los Angeles. Addison won both her qualifying matches and advanced out of the first round of the main singles draw before falling 6-2, 6-4 at the hands of top-seeded Brooke Austin from Florida. Until that loss, Addison had not lost a set in ITA play. 

The last outing for the rest of the team was the Rice Invitational in late September. Addison and Wagland won the main doubles draw, while Groenvynck and Koprcina advanced to the doubles consolation finals before losing to the Rice junior Katherine Ip and freshman Emily Smith. 

The team will once again compete in both singles and doubles draws in College Station. Tournament play begins Thursday, although no official schedule has been released.