Games to Watch: Week 8

No. 15 Texas A&M at No. 24 Ole Miss
Saturday — 6 p.m. — ESPN

This match up doesn’t have the same luster it had a few weeks ago, but it’s just as vital for the two teams involved. The loser of this game will be out of the SEC West race. Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Kyle Allen needs a bounce-back game after throwing three interceptions last week, including two that were returned for touchdowns. Ole Miss needs an image repair after losing to Memphis this past week. It’s not a great matchup, but it’s the only game between two ranked opponents this Saturday, so it’s probably best to at least watch this game.

Tennessee at No. 8 Alabama
Saturday — 2:30 p.m. — CBS

On paper, this game is a mismatch. Tennessee has struggled against tougher opponents — at home, no less — and Alabama appears to be rolling after falling to Ole Miss in Week 3. But the Crimson Tide weren’t that impressive against Texas A&M, especially on offense. And Tennessee comes in with momentum from a win over Georgia and a week off to rest. This is definitely a potential upset this weekend.

No. 9 Florida State at Georgia Tech
Saturday — 6 p.m. — ESPN2

It speaks of the weakness of Week 8 that this game and the next are games to watch, but that’s how the schedule roles. Still, this is Florida State we’re talking about and the Seminoles don’t exactly play like they should against weaker opponents. They barely pulled out a five-point win over Miami two weeks ago. And Georgia Tech’s triple option isn’t the easiest offense to defend against, especially with only a week to prepare. So if you’re not one to get out to DKR for the 11 a.m. kickoff, keep an eye out for a potential upset in the ACC.

Indiana at No. 4 Michigan State
Saturday — 2:30 p.m. — ABC

Again, it’s not a great week when this is a game to watch, but there is some potential to this matchup. Indiana hasn’t had a great season by any stretch of the imagination, but it did nearly knock off Ohio State a couple of weeks ago. Michigan State, meanwhile, hasn’t exactly been dominating its opponents after getting a big win against Oregon in the second week of the season. The Spartans beat Purdure and Rutgers by a combined 10 points and needed a fluke special teams error to defeat Michigan. Don’t be surprised to see Sparty on upset alert in East Lansing, Mich., on Saturday.