Big 12 Power Rankings: Week 10

baylor_big12powerrankings_APOrlinWagner
AP Photo/ Orlin Wagner

1. Baylor

The Bears had a week off, which gave freshman quarterback Jarrett Stidham plenty of time to get acclimated to their offense in wake of junior quarterback Seth Russell’s injury. Stidham led Baylor to 31-24 win over Kansas State on Thursday with a 419 yard and three touchdown performance.

2. TCU

The Horned Frogs dominated West Virginia 40-10 to move to 8-0. Their biggest test of the season so far comes next week against undefeated Oklahoma State.

3. Oklahoma State

The Cowboys scored 70 points against Texas Tech, but also allowed 53. Their defense needs to be more sound to contain TCU’s explosive duo of Trevone Boykin and Josh Doctson.  

4. Oklahoma

The Sooners got an easy 62-7 win against Kansas. Oklahoma has averaged 60 points per game since losing to Texas.

5. Texas Tech

The Red Raiders may have lost to Oklahoma State, but they scored 53 points. Tech has a chance to finish its season on a high note with its next three games coming against West Virginia, Kansas State and Texas.

6. West Virginia

The Mountaineers allowed TCU to score 40 points, and they have another good offensive team coming up this week in Texas Tech.

7. Kansas State

The Wildcats had a bye week to prepare for Baylor. They gave the Bears a tough match up but couldn't pull off the upset.

8. Iowa State

The Cyclones stunned Texas 24-0 at home to move to 3-5 on the season. They should fall back to Earth with their next two games against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.  

9. Texas

Things were looking up for the Longhorns until they were shutout 24-0 by Iowa State. A win over Kansas this week should help get things back on track, but Texas’ bowl chances took a huge hit Saturday.

10. Kansas

The Jayhawks are still searching for a win after getting run off the field by Oklahoma. Oddly enough, the best chance for that might come against Texas this week.