Big 12 Notebook: Week 11

OSU’s Washington added to Biletnikoff Award watch list

With back-to-back stellar performances, Oklahoma State receiver James Washington has found his way onto the Biletnikoff Award watch list, the Big 12 announced Monday. In the Cowboy’s wins over Texas Tech and TCU, Washington combined for 384 yards and five touchdowns. For the season, he’s racked up 772 receiving yards and seven scores. Washington joins seven other Big 12 wide outs already on the list, including Baylor receiver Corey Coleman. The field of candidates will be shrunk to 10 semifinalists on Nov. 16 and three finalists on Nov. 24. The winner will be announced on Dec. 10.

Oberkrom named as semifinalist for Lou Groza award

TCU had a hard time in Stillwater last week, but senior Jaden Oberkrom had some good news before the game. Oberkrom was named as a semifinalist for the Lou Groza award Nov. 5 for the third time in his career. So far this season, Oberkrom has made 12-of-15 field goals, including a 57-yard kick in a win over West Virginia. He’s only missed one PAT in his entire career and is the school leader in field goals made (70) and points (411). The finalists for the award, which recognizes the best kicker in the nation, will be announced Nov. 23 and the winner will be unveiled Dec. 10.

Cowboys take all three conference awards

Following Oklahoma State’s trouncing of TCU, the Big 12’s weekly awards were all Cowboys, the conference announced Monday. Sophomore quarterback Mason Rudolph, sophomore linebacker Chad Whitener and freshman punter Zach Sinor each took home the honors.

Rudolph went 16-of-24 passing with 352 yards and a career-high five touchdowns in the win. Whitener tallied 12 tackles and intercepted two passes — returning one for a touchdown. Sinor downed six of nine punts inside the TCU 20-yard line, including two inside the five.

Baylor, TCU fall in AP poll

It was a tough weekend for the two conference favorites in the latest AP poll released Sunday. Following its blowout loss to Oklahoma State, TCU slipped from fifth to 13th, effectively ending its shot at a playoff spot. Baylor fell to No. 4 despite a 7-point win at Kansas State. Oklahoma State, on the other hand, capitalized on its opportunity, jumping seven spots to No. 5 after the win over TCU. In-state rival Oklahoma moved up two spots to No. 12 after beating Iowa State.