No. 17 Texas shuts out No. 12 Oklahoma State 4-0

The Longhorns bounced back from their midweek loss to Baylor with a 4-0 win over No. 12 Oklahoma State on Friday night. The Longhorns are now 16–7 for this season in dual-match play and 1–1 for Big 12 conference play.

The Longhorns quickly took the doubles point after No. 86 ranked junior George Goldhoff and redshirt freshman Julian Zlobinsky took down junior Arjun Kadhe and sophomore Tristan Meraut 6-3. Following in their lead, senior Michael Riechmann and sophomore Adrian Ortiz, ranked No. 68, defeated duo junior Lucas Gerch and sophomore Jurence Mendoza.

“I thought we really executed well in the doubles today, which we haven't done in the last few matches,” head coach Michael Center said. “I thought that was a big momentum builder for us to finish off the doubles, so I was really pleased with that.”

Texas continued on their hot streak in singles play. Riechmann took a 7-5, 6-1 win against redshirt sophomore Lukas Finzelberg. Goldhoff continued the trend and edged out 45th-ranked sophomore Julian Cash 7-6, 6-3. Freshman Rodrigo Banzer dominated sophomore Tristan Meraut in straight sets to clinch the win. The remaining matches were suspended as the Longhorns took the 4-0 win.

“It was a great team win,” Center said after the match. “We took our opportunities tonight when we got momentum, and we took advantage of it.”

The Longhorns will return to action Sunday when they host a key conference match at the Polo Tennis club. They will take on Oklahoma State and Prairie View A&M for a double-header, day-night matches at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.