Longhorns prepare for double header at home

The Longhorns are preparing for their last double header weekend of the season where they will face West Virginia and Iowa State at Whitaker Courts.

After conquering then-ranked No. 12 Texas Tech and No. 28 TCU on their home courts, Texas has leapt to a season-high No. 25 spot in the ITA rankings.

As for this week’s opponents, both the Mountaineers and Cyclones are unranked teams and coming off a loss last time out. The Longhorns have been undefeated against both squads for at least the last three seasons.

Texas’ first matchup, West Virginia, has a seven game losing streak which puts them at 0-5 in conference play.

Iowa State’s league record holds up a little  better at 3-2, their two dubs over West Virginia and Kansas State. Starting in Waco on Friday to play Baylor, the Cyclones will be heading down to Austin with a recent win or lose under their belt. 

Senior Breaunna Addison remains the highest positioned play in the Big 12 Conference at No. 11. The Texas duo of Addison and sophomore Dani Wagland hold on to the second highest doubles team in the conference.

Players on the Texas team will be looking to further their perfect records including Addison who is 6-0 in league play at first singles and junior Neda Koprcina who holds a perfect 9-0 record at second singles.

West Virginia will be at Whitaker courts Saturday at noon and Iowa follows behind them at the same time Sunday.