Find your voice, apply to work for The Daily Texan

The Daily Texan is holding summer staff tryouts now through June 15. For every passion you may have, there is a department here to help you explore it, regardless of your major or previous experience.

There are opportunities available for you to get up-close and personal with local events in news and sports, go in-depth on local culture in Life & Arts, explore cutting edge research in Science & Technology and express your take on student issues in opinion. For those who express themselves more creatively, we need photographers, videographers and comics artists to enrich the words we put on the page.
If you are more interested in working behind the scenes, we need copy editors and designers to make this entire enterprise possible.

Even if writing here full-time is not a possibility for you, we still value what you have to contribute and have outlets for you to do so. You can respond to columns and articles by submitting a Firing Line or expand on an issue you care deeply about by submitting an op-ed.

The Daily Texan is a storied tradition that has been in operation for 116 years and won more awards than any other student newspaper in the country. Our alumni have won 19 Pulitzer Prizes and graced the pages of many of the most respected publications in the world. We hope that you try out. You could be next.

You can fill out an interest form to work for The Daily Texan here.

Chase is a Plan II and economics senior from Royse City. He is the Editor-in-Chief. Follow him on Twitter @alexwchase.