By the numbers: vs. California

2015-09-19_Longhorns_vs_Cal_Stephanie
    Stephanie Tacy

5-1 – Texas’ record against California. Last year’s game was the first California win against Texas. The Longhorns are 2-0 when playing in Berkeley.

23-15 – Texas’ record against Pac-12 teams (excluding the most recent additions to the conference, Colorado and Utah). 

650 – The number of yards Texas gained against California last year. This is the eighth highest single game offensive output in Longhorn history.  

548 – The number of yards by California in last year’s game. That is the 17th highest total surrendered by the Longhorns in program history. 

527 – The number of yards gained by Texas WR (then QB) Jerrod Heard against Cal. Heard set a Texas single game record for most total yards in a single game. 

2011 – The last time the Longhorns travelled to California. They beat the Golden Bears 21-10 in the Holiday Bowl in San Diego.  

6 – The number of passing touchdowns by Texas QB Shane Buechele in two games. Last season, the Longhorns totaled nine passing touchdowns across 12 games. 

9.89 – The average amount of yards per completion by Buechele.

6 – The number of starters who were out vs. UTEP, including three offensive linemen. All of them are expected to return against Cal. 

73 – The number of passing yards allowed by Texas vs. UTEP. 

23 – The number of first downs by Texas against UTEP. The Longhorns held the Miners to 10 first downs.  

71.7 – The completion percentage for Texas QB Buechele. He has completed 38 passed out of 53 attempts. 

5 – The number of Texas receivers who have caught a touchdown. Former QB Jerrod Heard leads with 2 touchdowns. 

2012 – The last time that Texas started the season 2-0. 

9 – The number of passing touchdowns by Cal QB Davis Webb this season. He is tied for first in the FBS. 

582 – The number of rushing yards that California has allowed in the 2016 season. They are ranked 124th in the FBS in rushing defense. 

350 – The number of receiving yards that Cal WR Chad Hansen has in the 2016 season. Hansen leads the FBS in receiving yards and receptions. 

4 – The number of turnovers by Cal in their 45-40 loss to San Diego State. There were three interceptions and one fumble. 

71 – The number of points given up by Cal in their first two games of the season.

72 – The number of passing attempts by Cal against San Diego State. Webb leads the FBS in passing attempts with 126. 

6520 – The career passing yards of Cal QB Webb, who racked up 5257 yards in his first 18 games alone.                                                                                                                                     

6-9 – Cal QB Webb’s record against Big 12 teams. Webb played at Texas Tech from 2013-2015, but never played a game against Texas.