Austin City Limits Festival announces new additions to this year’s festival

2015-10_9_ACL_Weekend2_Day_1_Daulton
Daulton Venglar

Each year, the Austin City Limits Music Festival brings bigger bands, more fans and heightened accommodations. This year is no exception, with new shopping experiences, improved restroom facilities and added amenities for platinum ticket holders. Check out these new updates to the 2016 festival below.

Shopping

An entirely new, air-conditioned ACL festival store will welcome fans to shop the 2016 collection, complete with 15th-anniversary merch. The festival is also introducing Bodega, a one-stop shop that sells all the basic festival essentials, such as sunscreen, sunglasses, and snacks such as fresh fruits and trail mix.

Water stations 

To make sure festival goers are comfortable in between sets, ACL added more CamelBak Hydration stations offering free water and mist cooling stations. 

Restrooms

A new addition that will please everyone is the improved restroom facilities. Instead of dreaded visits to the cramped port-a-potties when nature calls, this year, festival goers will be accommodated with environmentally-friendly, flushable toilets.

More Space

This year, the Rock Island will be relocated for a better crowd flow, providing more spaces for fans to relax. Festival goers will have close access to the new amenities, such as the Miller Lite Game Hall and Wine Down, ACL’s new wine bar. 

Austin Kiddie Limits

Austin Kiddie Limits was also relocated to the southeast side of Zilker Park, where kids will be able to take part in hip-hop workshops and ping-pong as well as receive punk hairdos and get temporary airbrushed tattoos. Parents will be able to register their kids with the festival and receive a radio frequency identification wristband. With this new safety measure, the system will be able to reunite children with their parents in the event that they become separated.  

Platinum Tickets

For fans that are willing to pay for the premium festival experience, the platinum ticket now offers a special entrances along Barton Springs Road to escape long lines at the main entrance. Once platinum ticket holders enter the festival, they can enjoy new wine selections and top notch lunch and dinner preparations by celebrity chefs. Complimentary lockers will also be available so that platinum ticket holders can stash away their things before the show.

Feast Under the Stars

The first ever Feast Under the Stars will also take place with six award-winning chefs preparing a five-course meal with wine pairings for each course. The exclusive dining experience will take place in between weekends on Thursday, Oct.