A little bit of everything for the non-ACL goers

0930_GabyBreiter
Gaby Breiter

If you’re not interested in loud music, sweating crowds or high ticket prices, there are plenty of events you can attend instead of going to the Austin City Limits Music Festival this year. For those avoiding Zilker Park for the next two weekends, here are five non-music alternatives to the festival.

Scavenger Hunt Presented by Moojo
Friday Sept. 30 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Moojo
2322 Guadalupe St. Austin, TX
Free

Grab your camera and head to the ice cream shop on The Drag, where they will be hosting a photo scavenger hunt. Take a couple of friends and make a team to compete against all of the other non-festivalgoers. The photo tasks will take you to different places on or near campus and the winning team will receive ice cream sandwiches.

Operation American Muscle Car Show
Saturday, Oct. 1 at 10:30 a.m.
Camp Mabry
2200 West 35th St, Austin, Texas
$5 donation

For those looking for a different scene, check out the Operations American Muscle Car Show, where attendees can gush over cool cars. All the proceeds from entry fees and t-shirt sales will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Plus, there will be a food truck competition with food from Urban Cowboy Southern Fusion and Emojis Grilled Cheese.

The Rubber Room: An Open Improv Jam!
Sunday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
The Institution Theater
3708 Woodbury Drive Austin, TX
Free

If you had a stressful week and are looking for a laugh, head to The Rubber Room this Sunday. A teacher from The Institution Theater will guide students through various improvisational scenes. After the jam session, you can stay for a show put on by your teacher and even join them in the “Lottery” performance. But don’t worry, the teachers abide by the basic improv rule of “making other people look good” on stage.

6th Annual Sacred Springs Powwow
Saturday, Oct. 8 at 10 a.m.
Meadows Center for Water and the Environment
201 San Marcos Springs Dr.
San Marcos, TX
$5 general admission

Although this event requires a bit of a drive, learning about another person's culture first hand is worth it. This is a Native American festival with traditional art, dancing and food. There will also be a “Native Culture Tent” filled with flutists, storytellers and a presentation on the White Shaman Panel, a rock painting that depicts the creation story of the Coahuiltecan people native to this region.

Cedar Park Farmers’ Market
Saturday Oct. 1 and Oct. 8  9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Parking lot at Lakeline Mall
11200 Lakeline Mall Dr. Cedar Park, TX
Free

Why question where your food is from when you can go straight to the source? At the Cedar Park Farmers’ market, local farmers come from all over the area to sell their produce, meats and cheeses. Local craftsman will also be selling their handmade jewelry. If you missed ACL but still want to hear some music, there will even be a live band as well.