Texas vs. Iowa State by the numbers

2016-10-08_Texas_vs_OU_Joshue

11-2 – Texas’ record against Iowa State.

2010 – The last time the Cyclones beat the Longhorns in Austin.

4 – In the Longhorns’ last two wins against Iowa State, Texas has only beaten the Cyclones by a combined four points.

0 – Texas scored zero points against Iowa State last year. It was the second shutout loss in head coach Charlie Strong’s tenure in Austin.

6 – Texas recorded six sacks against Iowa State quarterback Joel Lanning in last season’s game.

59 – Texas quarterback Tyrone Swoopes led the Longhorns with 59 yards rushing last year against the Cyclones.

204 – The total yards by Texas’ offense against Iowa State last year. In contrast, Texas allowed 426 yards.

4 – The number of turnovers by Oklahoma against Texas. The Longhorns only got three points off of those turnovers.

672 – The number of total offense yards allowed by Texas against Oklahoma. This ranks as the fifth most yards given up by the Longhorns in a game.

232 – The number of receiving yards across 10 catches by Oklahoma receiver Dede Westbrook against Texas.  

159 – The number of rushing yards by Texas running back D’Onta Foreman against Oklahoma.

11 – The number of passing touchdowns by Texas quarterback Shane Buechele this season. He already has two more touchdowns than the total number of Longhorn passing touchdowns in the 2015 season.

20 – Texas’ rank in the NCAA in yards per game. The Longhorns are averaging 498.8 yards per game. 

115 – Texas’ rank in the NCAA in yards allowed per game. The team is allowing an average of 477.2 yards a game, and against Power Five conference teams, it is allowing an average of 544.5 yards a game.

390 – The Longhorns have allowed between 390 and 396 passing yards in each of their last three games.  

42.7 – Texas has allowed its opponents to convert on third down 42.7 percent of the time. It ranks 92nd in third down conversion defense.

50 – Iowa State ranks 50th in passing offense in the FBS, with 249.7 yards per game. Texas comes in just above them at 46th, with 254 passing yards per game.

383 – The receiving yards by Iowa State’s leading receiver junior Allen Lazard. He also leads in touchdown receptions with four total.

31 – Since September 24th, the Cyclones have scored at least 31 points in their games.

17 – Iowa State allowed 17 unanswered points by Oklahoma State in the fourth quarter to let the Cowboys win 38-31.

283 – The passing yards by Iowa State against Oklahoma State. They allowed 351 passing yards and four touchdowns.

3 – The number of turnovers by Iowa State against Oklahoma State. Two of those were interceptions, while one was a lost fumble (the Cyclones fumbled two more times but recovered both).