By the Numbers: vs. Kansas State

2015-10-24_Texas_vs_Kansas_State_Joshua

7-9 – Texas’ record against Kansas State.  The Wildcats have won eight of the last 12 meetings. 

2002 – The last time Texas won on the road against Kansas State. 

3-6 – Texas’ record under head coach Charlie Strong when the game starts at 11am. They have lost two 11am games this season. 

274 – The number of rushing yards by Texas in its 23-9 win against Kansas State last year. The Longhorns gained most of their yards on the ground, and only tallied 99 passing yards. 

3 – The number of rushing touchdowns by quarterback Tyrone Swoopes against the Wildcats last season.

242 – The number of yards of offense by Kansas State against the Longhorns in the last meeting. The Wildcats were held to one touchdown and had a 22.2 percent third down conversion rate. 

1500 – The number of passing yards on the season by quarterback Shane Buechele. He currently ranks fifth in Texas history in passing yards by a freshman quarterback.

238.8 – The average number of rushing yards per game by Texas. The Longhorns rank 20th in the nation in rushing offense. 

47 – The number of tackles for loss by the Longhorns this season. They are tied for 16th for most tackles for loss in the NCAA. 

8 – The number of sacks by the Longhorns against Iowa State. 

280 – The Longhorns allowed only 280 yards against Iowa State, their best defensive performance against a Power Five conference team this year. 

136 – D’Onta Foreman ran for 136 yards against the Cyclones. He has produced at least 130 yards in each game he’s played in this season. 

98 – Iowa State was held to only 98 rushing yards across 43 attempts by Texas last week. 

3-0 – Kansas State’s record at home this year. Texas is still looking for its first away win of the season. 

27 – Kansas State is ranked 27th in total defense in the NCAA. The Wildcats are allowing an average of 343.5 yards per game. 

90.3 – The average rushing yards per game allowed by Kansas State. The Wildcats are fourth in rushing defense in the NCAA. 

112 – The Wildcats are 112th in the nation in passing offense, totaling 1002 yards across six games. For context, the next lowest Big 12 school, Iowa State, comes in at 52nd. 

115 – Kansas State is ranked 115th in total offense in the NCAA. The Wildcats are averaging 342.7 yards per game, the lowest average in the Big 12. 

372 – Kansas State surrendered 372 passing yards against Oklahoma, allowing an average of 11.6 yards per completion. 

225 – The number of passing yards by Kansas State against Oklahoma. Quarterback Joe Hubener took the majority of snaps and totaled 157 yards through the air while quarterback Jesse Ertz added another 68 yards. 

110 – The rushing yards by seven Wildcat rushers against Oklahoma. No runner had more than 40 yards in the game.