Games to Watch

• No. 10 West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State
    • Saturday – 11 a.m. – FOX

The Mountaineers keep climbing in the polls. West Virginia is off to a 6-0 start, and has rolled through Big 12 play. The defense shut down Kansas State, Texas Tech and TCU, giving up 43 total points in those matchups. Senior quarterback Skyler Howard displayed great efficiency in the 34-10 rout versus TCU, tossing four touchdowns and zero interceptions on 23 attempts. 

Oklahoma State, in Stillwater, is the next Big 12 foe that looks to spoil the Mountaineers’ unblemished record. The Cowboys’ passing attack, anchored by junior quarterback Mason Rudolph, has overwhelmed defenses all season. It will be up to the Mountaineer defense to counter Rudolph and resume the undefeated season.

• No. 4 Washington vs. No. 17 Utah
    • Saturday – 2:30 p.m. – FS1

Move over, Stanford and Oregon. There is a new intriguing Pac-12 battle, one with conference championship implications. 

Washington and Utah have exceeded preseason expectations to combine for a 14-1 record. The Utes offense trampled UCLA, led by a career day by senior running back Joe Williams. 

Williams shattered program records, rushing for 332 yards and four touchdowns in the 52-45 win. The Huskies’ defense, which has allowed only 14.6 points per game, will try to maintain Williams’ outbreak and earn the program its 11th-straight victory.

Offensively, sophomore quarterback Jake Browning has been impeccable, throwing for 26 touchdowns and only two interceptions during the Huskies’ 7-0 season.

No. 7 Nebraska vs. No. 11 Wisconsin

• Saturday – 6 p.m. – ESPN

A Big Ten title game appearance may be at stake here. Wisconsin has handled a tough schedule with resiliency, losing by a touchdown to dominant Michigan and Ohio State teams. The Badgers are dealing with another defeat too, losing star junior inside linebacker Jack Cichy for the year after a 17-9 win at Iowa. 

Junior outside linebacker T.J. Watt will lead the suffocating defense against the undefeated Huskers. Wyoming and Northwestern are the only winning teams Nebraska has defeated this season, but Mike Riley’s squad finally has the opportunity to earn a statement win in Madison, and inch closer to the conference championship.

No. 3 Clemson vs. No. 12 Florida State

• Saturday – 7 p.m. – ABC

Last time Clemson took the field, the Tigers squeaked out an overtime victory over North Carolina State, thanks to a missed field goal by the Wolfpack. 

But Clemson can gain a strong foothold in the ACC and boost its playoff chances on Saturday night in Tallahassee. Junior quarterback Deshaun Watson led Clemson to a 23-13 win over the Seminoles in 2015, but his team will have to face a strong running back in Dalvin Cook. 

The junior has exceeded the 100-yard mark in his past four games, including a career-high 267 rushing yards in a victory over South Florida. Senior outside linebacker Ben Boulware, 57 tackles in 2016, lines up opposite to Cook, defending Clemson from its first conference loss since 2014.