By the Numbers – Baylor

73-26-4 – Texas’ record against Baylor. Out of the last six meetings, Baylor has won four. 

395 – Texas allowed 395 rushing yards last year in its 23-17 win over Baylor. 

4 – The Longhorns nabbed four turnovers in its last meeting with Baylor, including one critical fumble late in the fourth quarter.

0-15 – Texas is 0-15 under head coach Charlie Strong when trailing by 14 points in the game.

2-14 – Texas’ record under Strong when the opponent scores first. Baylor has scored on its opening drive three times this year. 

3-0 – Texas is undefeated in its three games at home this year.

3-4 – Texas’ current record. This is the third year in a row that the Longhorns have started the season 3-4.

25 – The number of sacks by Texas this season. The Longhorns are tied-fourth for most sacks in NCAA. 

438.7 – Texas has allowed an average of 438.7 yards per game this season. Baylor has allowed an average of 320.3 yards per game. 

3 – Texas has scored only three points off of nine turnovers this season. Against Kansas State, they failed to score any points off of the three Wildcat turnovers.

6:42 – Texas only had a slim six minutes and 42 seconds time of possession in the first half against Kansas State. Texas ended the game with 21 minutes and 33 seconds of possession.

234 – Texas allowed 234 rushing yards against Kansas State. This was the third time this season that the Longhorns have allowed 200 or more yards on the ground.

222 – Texas freshman quarterback Shane Buechele passed for 222 yards and two touchdowns against Kansas State.

80 – Texas freshman wide receiver Devin Duvernay caught an 80-yard touchdown pass against Kansas State. He has caught a touchdown of at least 60 yards in each of the last three games. 

3-11 – Texas only converted three third downs out of 11 attempts. 

16 – Baylor is ranked 16th in yards per game allowed by defense in the FBS. It has allowed an average of 320 yards per game and an average of  17.2 points a game. 

246 – Baylor rushed for 246 yards in their last game, a 49-7 win over Kansas. The Bears are averaging 282.8 yards per game, the seventh best average in the FBS.

83 – Baylor held Kansas to 83 rushing yards in their last game.

266.3 – Baylor has passed for an average of 266.3 yards per game.

57.1% – Baylor senior quarterback Seth Russell’s completion percentage this season. Against Kansas, he only completed nine passes out of 22 attempts. 

8 – The number of interceptions by Baylor this season. Two have been returned for touchdowns. 

14.4 – The average yards per pass completion by Baylor. They rank 13th in yards per completion in the NCAA.

43.7 – The average points per game scored by Baylor. Texas has scored an average of 36.1 points per game.