By the Numbers – vs. Texas Tech

2016-10-29_Longhorns_vs
    Daulton Venglar

49-16 – Texas’ record against Texas Tech. Texas has won eight of the last ten meetings.

0-4 – Texas is winless in their four road games this year. It plays in Lubbock this Saturday.

5-1 – In their last six matches in Lubbock, Texas has won five of them.

4-4 – Both Texas and Texas Tech have a 4-4 record, including a 2-3 conference record. 

403 – The number of rushing yards by the Longhorns in Texas’ 48-45 loss against Texas Tech last year. Texas running back Chris Warren III had 276 yards. 

665 – Texas allowed 665 yards last year against Texas Tech.

398 – Texas allowed 398 rushing yards by Baylor last Saturday, the most yards on the ground they’ve allowed this season.

291 – Texas freshman quarterback Shane Buechele passed for 291 yards on 12 completions against Baylor. 

142 – The receiving yards by Texas junior wide receiver Armanti Foreman against Baylor. This was only the second time this season that a Texas receiver has had more than 100 yards in a game. 

250 – Texas junior running back D’Onta Foreman rushed for a career-best 250 yards against Baylor. 

2013 – The total passing yards by Buechele this season. He has already passed the total passing yards by Texas in the 2015 season. 

1105 – D’Onta Foreman has 1,105 rushing yards this season. He has the third most rushing yards in the FBS, and is the first 1,000-yard rusher for Texas since Jamaal Charles in 2007. 

258.5 – Texas has allowed an average of 258.5 passing yards per game. 

31 – Texas has recorded 31 sacks this season, tied for second in the FBS.

32.8 – Texas has allowed an average of 32.8 points per game this season, while scoring an average of 36 points per game. 

206 – Texas Tech passed for 206 yards in its double overtime win against TCU.

418 – Texas Tech allowed 418 yards by TCU. 

3519 – The passing yards thrown by Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes II. He leads the NCAA in passing yards by nearly 600. 

500.6 – The average passing yards per game by Texas Tech. They have an average of 546 passing yards per game in Lubbock.

41.4 – Texas Tech has allowed an average of 41.4 points per game, while scoring an average of 47.4 points per game.

213.8 – The average rushing yards per game that Texas Tech allows.

927 – Texas Tech’s leading receiver Jonathan Giles has 927 receiving yards this season, the ninth most in the FBS. He also has 11 touchdowns.

125 – Texas Tech ranks 125th out of 128th in the FBS in rushing offense. They are averaging only 99.6 rushing yards per game.

126 – Texas Tech ranks 126th out of 128th in the FBS in total defense. It is allowing an average of 518.4 yards per game.