Big 12 Power Rankings Week 10

• 1. Oklahoma (7-2, 6-0)
    • The Sooners held off Iowa State on Saturday to capture their sixth straight conference victory. After a defensive implosion against Texas Tech two weeks ago, Oklahoma has responded by holding its last two opponents to a combined 460 yards of offense.  If it weren’t for their grueling non-conference schedule, the Sooners might have been in the playoff conversation right now.
    • 2. Oklahoma State (7-2, 5-1)
    • It wasn’t pretty, but the Cowboys found a way to overcome three second-half turnovers in their 43-37 win over Kansas State. Senior quarterback Mason Rudolph continues to power the offense, throwing for 457 yards and five touchdowns. With winnable upcoming games against Texas Tech and TCU, Oklahoma State’s season finale against Oklahoma could be for the conference title.
    • 3. West Virginia (7-1, 4-1)
    • After losing their first game of the season last week, the Mountaineers took out their frustrations against hapless Kansas. The team got out to a 31-0 halftime lead, and cruised to a 48-21 victory.
    • 4. Texas (5-4, 3-3)
    • D’Onta Foreman put Texas on his back and carried the team to its first road win of the season. Foreman rushed for 341 yards and three touchdowns, and overcame a costly first-half fumble. The Longhorn defense wasn’t great, but was clutch when it counted, coming up with an interception on Texas Tech’s potential game-tying drive.
    • 5. TCU  (5-4, 3-3)
    • The Horned Frogs routed Baylor 62-22 to snap a two-game losing skid. TCU ran the ball at will, with junior running back Kyle Hicks racking up 192 yards on the ground with five touchdowns.
    • 6. Baylor (6-2, 3-2)
    • Baylor’s season has quickly gone awry. After opening the season 6-0, the Bears have lost consecutive games and appear to be trending downward. And things don’t get any easier for Baylor—the team travels to Norman to take on the conference leading Sooners this weekend.
    • 7. Kansas State (5-4, 3-3)
    • The Kansas State defense couldn’t come up with a stop when it mattered most in its loss to Oklahoma State. The Cowboys mounted two long touchdown drives in the fourth quarter and rallied from a 37-28 deficit. In the loss, the Wildcats allowed more than 40 points for the first time this season.
    • 8. Texas Tech (4-5, 2-4)
    • Not surprisingly, the Texas Tech defense cost the team another win. In a 45-37 loss, the Red Raiders surrendered 658 yards and allowed Texas to move the ball at will. The defensive showing was disappointing, especially after the unit showed signs of improvement last week against TCU.
    • 9. Iowa State (1-8, 0-6)
    •  The Cyclones fought valiantly to the end, but were unable to upset Oklahoma, losing 34-24. Sophomore quarterback Jacob Park made his first career start, and passed for 160 yards in his debut.
    • 10. Kansas (1-8, 0-6)
    • Another week, another beat down of the Jayhawks. The team has not been competitive since a 24-23 loss to TCU a month ago. On the bright side, the Jayhawks have their best chance at a conference win this Saturday against Iowa State.