Opponents to Watch: vs. No. 10 TCU

Kenny Hill

Quarterback, #7

Hill burst onto the college football scene as the Texas A&M Aggies quarterback in 2014. He gained plenty of recognition for following up Heisman winner Johnny Manziel and throwing his name into the Heisman Trophy race after finding instant success in College Station.

Three years later, Hill is performing at a high level once again, but for No. 10 TCU. The senior has launched the pigskin for 1,863 yards and 15 touchdowns this season, completing passes at a 67.8 percent — the 11th best rate in the FBS. Hill’s most impressive performance of the season occurred in Week 3 when he tore up the 6–2 SMU Mustangs’ defense with 365 yards and four touchdowns. But Hill is seeking redemption against Texas after ending up in the losing locker for the first time this season, a 14-7 offensive disaster at Iowa State.

Jalen Reagor

Wide receiver, #18

Reagor has served as one of the Horned Frogs’ breakout stars in 2017. Ranked as the No. 6 receiver in the nation by ESPN, the true freshman has lived up to the hype by earning 308 receiving yards and four touchdowns through seven games. Reagor is occasionally utilized on rushing plays too, adding versatility to Gary Patterson’s offense in Fort Worth.

The Waxahachie, Texas product leads the team in touchdown catches and ranks second among his teammates in receiving yards behind senior wide receiver John Diarse. Reagor has demonstrated incredible speed and even a great vertical leap. In fact, in the 56-36 victory over SMU, the 5-foot-11 Reagor rose above a cluster of
defenders in the end zone to snag one a 45-yard Hail Mary from Hill.

Ben Banogu

Defensive end, #15

The transfer from Louisiana-Monroe to TCU has been kind to Banogu. The junior from McKinney, Texas is in the midst of his first season wearing purple and leads the Horned Frogs in sacks with 4.5. Banogu has recorded a total of 38 tackles this year and 9.5 have resulted in a loss of yards.

Banogu’s ability to swarm through opposing offensive tackles and pressure quarterbacks has been an impressive element of TCU’s defense this season. Banogu has forced two fumbles this season, including a key momentum changer against Oklahoma State in Week 4. With the Cowboys driving in Stillwater, Banogu sacked and stripped senior quarterback Mason Rudolph. TCU’s recovery resulted in a key 14-point swing, which assisted the Horned Frogs in upsetting Oklahoma State, 44-31.

Travin Howard

Outside linebacker, #32

This season, TCU has rebranded itself as a stout defensive team. The 11-man unit is led by Howard from the outside linebacker position, who leads his team with 60 total tackles. The senior has added 6.5 tackles for loss, a sack and an interception for the 7–1 Horned Frogs this year. His defense is 10th in the nation in yards allowed per game with 287 and eighth in points yielded per game (14.8).

In 2016, Howard’s 130 tackles were the most of any Big 12 defender, causing Howard to earn First Team All-Big 12 honors. His successes at the collegiate level will likely translate to the NFL, as he is an adept tackler who additionally excels in man coverage. This Saturday evening, the outside linebacker will face Texas, a team Howard has tallied 23 tackles against in just two games.