Need a Valentine’s Day event to attend in Austin? We’ve got you covered — date or no date.

reservations_0214_AnnetteMeyer_Reservations
Annette Meyer

Whether you are madly in love or proudly kicking it on your own, there are many events around town this Valentine’s Day where you can dance your heart out with a significant other or your best friends. To help with your last minute Valentine’s planning, The Daily Texan has compiled a list of themed events all taking place tonight. 

• Valentine’s Day Party w/ SMiiLE & Friends
  • Where: Spider House Cafe & Ballroom, 2908 Fruth St.
  • Time: 7:15 p.m. doors, show at 8 p.m.
  • Admissions: 18+, $10 at the door

The ballroom at Spider House is hosting four local bands to pull at the audience’s heartstrings with their best romance tunes — Lola Tried, Batty Jr., The Oysters and SMiiLE. This event is 18+, so grab your friends and enjoy the photo booth, kissing booth and Valentine’s writing table. There will be love in the air but also in the food coming from Arlo’s food truck outside the ballroom. 

For more information, click here

• Anti-Valentine’s Day ’90s Hip Hop Dance Party
  • Where: Speakeasy, 412 Congress Ave.
  • Time: 9 p.m. doors, show at 10 p.m.
  • Admissions: 21+, Free

Bypass the lines downtown and enjoy a free Valentine’s dance party where you are encouraged to dress in your best ’90s attire. Speakeasy presents DJ kidGorilla, who will be spinning ’90s music on the venue’s terrace Wednesday night. If you are a fan of the Spice Girls or ill-fitting jeans, spend the night at Speakeasy for an anti-Valentine’s dance party with specialty drinks and free admission if you RSVP on Eventbrite. 

For more information, click here

• Valentine’s Day with Tributes to Tom Petty, Talking Heads & More 
  • Where: Hotel Vegas, 1502 E. 6th St. 
  • Time: 6:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
  • Admissions: Free

Hotel Vegas is hosting three cover bands to perform tributes to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Talking Heads and the Bee Gees. Doors open at 9 p.m. with the show beginning at 10 p.m. If you are spending Valentine’s mourning the end of a relationship, the Volstead Lounge at Hotel Vegas is hosting “Love Stinks: Trivia” for the broken-hearted from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. There will be five rounds of trivia that revolve around all things heartbreak, and it is free to play. The Volstead Lounge will also host “Valentine’s Gay,” an event with jams being played all night by DJ Girlfriend ATX from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. 

For more information, click here

• The Un-Valentine’s Day Meetup 
  • Where: Radio Coffee & Beer, 4204 Manchaca Rd.
  • Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Admissions: Free 

If you want something more low-key and thought-provoking this Valentine’s Day, head to Radio Coffee & Beer for coffee, chocolates and conversations about the seemingly good, bad and ugly aspects of relationships. The conversation will be led by Kristal DeSantis and Jami Lynn Bula, two licensed female therapists who specialize in relationships and sex in South Austin. All genders, sexualities and relationship statuses are welcome. And while the night is young, pick up some tacos from Veracruz while you are at Radio Coffee & Beer to share with your loved one, or just for yourself. 

For more information, click here