WATCH: Andrew Jones out of hospital, back in gym

Carlos Garcia

Texas sophomore guard Andrew Jones was released from the hospital Saturday after spending nearly a month and a half at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston as he continues his battle with leukemia.

But it didn’t take long for Jones to head back to the gym after he was released. Jones tweeted a video on Wednesday afternoon of himself back on the court.

While Jones was in the hospital, he posted a video of himself putting up shots from a short distance away. Now, in his latest video, he showed off his mid-range game once again, as he stepped back a little farther this time. His shot is starting to look crisp and healthy again as he continues to recover.

In a statement released Monday, Jones said he has begun outpatient treatment to continue his recovery.

“My doctors tell me I am continuing to show improvement, and that is really encouraging,” Jones said. “My family and I will remain in Houston for this next stage of my recovery. As we’ve said before, I’m really thankful for all the love and support that has been shown to me and to my family. It has truly been overwhelming. I hope you’ll continue to keep me in your daily thoughts and prayers. Together, we WILL win this fight.”

Before his diagnosis, Jones was Texas’ second-leading scorer, averaging 13.5 points per game. He last played on Jan. 1 against Iowa State.