The top five restaurants to check out during SXSW

South by Southwest is quickly approaching, and although most attendees’ focuses are on the events and speakers, it would be a disservice to Austin to not explore some of Austin’s quick food options. Get your badges and your buddies, figure out what you want to attend and how you’ll get there, and don’t forget to plan what food you’ll chow down on. Below are five of the best places to grab a bite during your time at SXSW.

Southbites Trailer Park 

Southbites Trailer Park, intersection of Rainey St. and Driskill St.

SXSW’s official food truck trailer park is returning for its sixth year, gathering a new group of food trucks to showcase a true taste of Texas. This year, Southbites will play host to 13 vendors, including: Bodhi Viet Vegan Cuisine, a vegan Vietnamese truck operated by a group of local Buddhist nuns; Ranch Hand, whose mission is to create dishes by using classic Texas ingredients in a healthy and sustainable way; and Tamale Addiction, a truck that serves up an organic, gluten-free version of their family’s traditional tamale recipe. Not only does the food taste fantastic, but the collection of food trucks is open to the public with a free SXSW guest pass.

Emmer and Rye

SkyHouse, 51 Rainey St.

If you’re looking for something a little fancier than a food truck, check out Emmer and Rye. Heralded as one of the best examples of the Austin food scene, Emmer and Rye serves up small, seasonal plates with local ingredients and prides itself on its dim sum menu. It is a fantastic place to disengage yourself from the SXSW chaos, meet up with a group of friends and enjoy a good meal.

Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden 

79 Rainey St.

Doubling as a SXSW music venue, Banger’s is the perfect spot to stop in for bite during your time at the festival. Banger’s features a variety of inventive sausages from a traditional German Bratwurst to a duck, bacon and fig sausage and a south Texas twist on an African antelope merguez. In addition to their sausages, Banger’s is also home to the Manmosa, a massive beer stein filled with an entire bottle of champagne and a splash of orange juice.

Koriente 

621 E 7th St.

If SXSW starts to drain your wallet, check out Koriente. Koriente features Asian-inspired dishes made with fresh ingredients at wonderfully cheap prices. The restaurant also prides itself on using as little MSG, salt, oil and sugar as possible. Perks to Koriente include an unlimited vat of miso soup, free refills on bubble tea, and a patio that looks onto a nearby park.

Annie’s Cafe and Bar 

319 Congress Ave.

If you’re looking to incorporate brunch into your SXSW experience, try Annie’s. Located on Congress Ave. Annie’s features a sleek and modern farm-to-table brunch experience. The cafe features breakfast classics like brioche French toast and fried egg sandwiches in addition to an extensive lunch menu. The restaurant is only open from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on weekdays making it ideal for breakfast before a day full of SXSW fun. If you miss your shot at Annie’s before heading out of town, make sure to check out their newly remodeled location in the Austin-Bergstrom airport.