WATCH: UT alumnus Dylan Frittelli knocks in a hole-in-one at Augusta

As a golfer competing in your first Masters Tournament, one may expect to have no shortage of nervous jitters.

But for former Longhorn Dylan Frittelli, whatever butterflies were rolling around his stomach seemed to have dissipated once the 27-year-old knocked in a hole-in-one during the Par 3 contest at Augusta National Golf Club on Wednesday. On the 8th hole, Frittelli clubbed his ball a few yards past the stick, spinning it back for an ace.

The South African native is making his first Masters appearance this week. From 2008–2012, Frittelli was a member of the Texas golf team — which also featured three-time major winner Jordan Spieth — and won the decisive match that gave the Longhorns the 2012 NCAA Championship.

In the video, Frittelli can be seen sharing an embrace with Ben Crenshaw, another Longhorn golf legend and a two-time Masters winner, as he exits the tee box.

Frittelli teed off in the first round of the tournament at 8:30 a.m. Thursday. He is paired with two-time Masters winner Jose Maria Olazabal and Kevin Chappell.

Frittelli, who barely slid into an automatic qualifier slot, may be a long shot to hoist the green jacket, especially after shooting a 5-over-par 77 on Thursday.