Five off-campus study spots to combat your finals fear

study_spots_2018-04-20_Bennu_Evelyn
Evelyn Moreno

With the end of the semester quickly coming to a close and finals anxiety starting to rise, the desire to get away from campus can become overwhelming. Check out these five phenomenal study spots that help get you away from campus while getting your work done.

Bennu Coffee

2001 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Austin, TX 78702 

515 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704

Bennu, with locations both close to campus and downtown, is open 24 hours a day and is the perfect spot for a late night cram session. With its funky atmosphere, low lighting, reasonably priced beverages and myriad of outlets, Bennu is an ideal location for students. But with all these perks, the coffee shop tends to stay packed, especially during finals season. While it’s a great spot to get your work done, you may find yourself fighting for a table or lingering around the walls until one opens up. 

Cherrywood Coffeehouse  

1400 E 38th 1/2 St., Austin, TX 78722 

Typically less crowded than either of the Bennu locations, Cherrywood is a larger coffee shop full of both indoor and outdoor seating. With generous hours from 7 a.m. to midnight, Cherrywood is perfect for both the early bird and the night owl. In addition to dishing out the typical coffee and teas, Cherrywood also offers countless diner dishes so you won’t go hungry in your attempt to ace your exams. And who knows, during your study break, you may even see the likes of one Jared Leto.

Pease Park 

1100 Kingsbury St., Austin, TX 78703

If you’re looking to get a little bit of work done away from your laptop, head on over to the conveniently located Pease Park. Likely to be less crowded than Zilker, Pease Park can serve as a secluded spot for a breath of fresh air while you bust out your textbook and notepad. Only downsides about the spot: There is little in the way of grassless seating and of course, the lack of Wi-Fi. 

Austin Central Public Library 

710 W Cesar Chavez St., Austin, TX 78701

Since opening late last year, the Austin Central Library has quickly become a study spot favorite among UT students. Made up of six massive floors, the library is filled with natural lighting and tons of available seats. The library also has several sunlit decks that overlook lake Austin, which are perfect for study break photo ops. In addition to all of its lovely seating options, entrance to the library is free and open to all.

Summer Moon Coffee Bar 

3115 S 1st St. Suite 1B, Austin, TX 78704 

8300 N RM 620 Suite 300G, Austin, TX 78726

Opening up in the wee hours of the morning and dishing out Tacodeli breakfast tacos, pastries and fair trade coffee, Summer Moon Coffee Bar is the perfect spot for an early morning study spot. With seven locations in Austin alone, you are likely to find an open seat at one of them. The only downside to Summer Moon is their prices, which are occasionally a touch high due to the fact that everything is fair trade. But fear not, Summer Moon also offers discounted prices on day old pastries so you can save your grades and your wallet.