Longhorns in the NBA: Summer League

LonghornsintheNBA_WEB
Virginia Scherer

Amid a whirlwind of free agency moves, the NBA Summer League has started once again in both Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. Here’s what former Longhorns have been up to since the draft.

Dylan Osetkowski

After going undrafted, the big man signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers summer league roster, making his debut in the Salt Lake City Summer League against the Spurs on July 1. Osetkowski scored his first two professional points and his first rebound in eight minutes.
Following a rather pedestrian performance, Osetkowski had his best game the very next day against the Jazz, where he notched 14 points, six rebounds and three steals in 26 minutes, including a breakaway steal for a layup in the first quarter. 

He followed that with five points and three rebounds on 2-3 shooting in 11 minutes on July 3 against the Grizzlies. To kick off the Las Vegas Summer League, Osetkowski scored four points in eight minutes against the Timberwolves.

Jaxson Hayes

Due to the fact that the trade used to select Hayes, the No. 8 draft pick this year, could not be completed until July 6, Hayes hasn’t been able to play for the Pelicans in their first two games in Las Vegas. Now that the trade has been completed, the lottery pick is eligible to play and will likely suit up for the Pelicans in their next game Monday against the Bulls and fellow lottery pick Coby White. 

Kerwin Roach

After initially signing a deal to play for the Charlotte Hornets during the summer league after going undrafted, Roach was released from the summer league roster four days before tipoff. At the moment, Roach's next career move is still unknown.