Games to watch: Notre Dame answers big question in Georgia

Lillian Michel/ The Daily Texan

Oklahoma State at No. 12 Texas

Saturday, 6:30 p.m., ABC

Oklahoma State has been a thorn in Texas’ side for the past five years. The last time Texas captured a win against the Cowboys was in November of 2014, and they will prove to be a challenge once again as they’re off to a 3–0 start. Junior running back Chuba Hubbard has totaled 521 rushing yards, the highest in college football. On the other side, the Longhorns look to match the ground power with their passing attack. Junior quarterback Sam Ehlingher is off to the best start of his career with 11 touchdown passes through three games. As both offenses continue to run up the scoreboard, look forward to a game that has the pace of a pinball machine.

No. 22 Washington at BYU

Saturday, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Washington is still trying to shake off last week’s upset against Hawaii. However, the Huskies may be on upset alert when they head to Provo, Utah. Teams have had trouble closing out BYU late in games, illustrated in the Cougars’ last two games when they pulled off consecutive overtime victories against Tennessee and USC. BYU sophomore quarterback Zach Wilson is starting to grow more confident, showing his ability to improvise when a play breaks down. For Washington, junior quarterback Jacob Eason has grown comfortable in this system, tossing seven touchdowns this season. If both teams are neck and neck late in the game, it could come down to who has the ball last.

No. 11 Michigan at No. 13 Wisconsin

Saturday, 11:00 a.m., FOX

Michigan was facing criticism headed into the season, but since then it has only grown. The Wolverines open up Big Ten play on the road against Wisconsin. Michigan’s offense has not found its footing after an injury to junior wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones. The process will not get any easier when facing the No. 1 defense in the country, and Wisconsin also has the offense to match. The Badgers have averaged 55 points per game through their first two games. Junior running back Jonathan Taylor was named to the All-American team last season, and is making a strong case for a second nomination. Taylor is already averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Michigan is headed into a difficult situation against a Wisconsin team that’s off to a quick start.

No. 8 Auburn at No. 17 Texas A&M

Saturday, 2:30 p.m., CBS

The SEC West schedule starts with a ranked matchup in College Station, Texas. Auburn is starting to regain its swagger after a 2–0 start. Sophomore running back Jatarvious Whitlow is developing a nice control of the game, rushing for 341 yards on 5.3 yards per carry. Senior defensive back Jeremiah Dinson has lead the secondary with a team-high 27 tackles. The Aggies still need a signature win for head coach Jimbo Fisher. The Texas A&M defense has lived up to the preseason hype, allowing just 4.38 yards per play. Both teams are even across the board, so the game could come down to which quarterback steps up. Auburn’s Bo Nix is a freshman who has shown high upside but is still adjusting to the college game, while Texas A&M’s junior Kellen Mond has improved tremendously as a junior.

No. 7 Notre Dame at No. 3 Georgia

Saturday, 7:00 p.m., CBS

Every year there is one question constantly asked throughout college football circles: Is Notre Dame for real? The Fighting Irish are off to another undefeated start, but have not yet faced an opponent in the top 25. This matchup should answer any questions about Notre Dame.