Man threatens to ‘shoot all the rich kids at UT’ after being arrested

Tower_2013-11-18_TowerMugz_Caleb_Kuntz20509
Caleb Kuntz

A man who said he would “shoot all the rich kids at UT” has been charged with making terroristic threats, according to the Austin American-Statesman. 

Dakota Blakely reportedly became aggressive with Dell Seton Medical Center employees while in the emergency room on Sunday, biting one staff member’s thumb, according to the Statesman.

According to the Statesman, UT police arrived to assist with the arrest, and Blakely, 25, was transported to Travis County Central Booking, where he was charged with assault on emergency service personnel and making terroristic threats. During a medical screening, he told a nurse he was going to go to UT and “shoot everyone he saw,” according to the Statesman. 

Police said Blakely displayed “white supremacist imagery” in photos on his Facebook page, according to the Statesman.

As of Monday, Blakely is in the Travis County Correctional Complex with a combined bail of $65,000, according to the Travis County Sheriff’s website. 

UTPD sergeant Robert Land said Monday that as a condition of his release, Blakely will be fitted with a GPS tracking unit and will not be allowed to come within 200 yards of any UT facility. Land said Blakely is not affiliated with the University.