UT-Austin coronavirus dashboard updated retroactively with 109 new COVID-19 cases

2020-08-15_tower_Presley
Presley Glotfelty

The UT-Austin COVID-19 Dashboard has been updated retroactively to add 109 cases from off-campus testing sources, according to a text update on the dashboard Wednesday afternoon.

The dashboard will regularly include positive tests from off-campus testing sites starting Wednesday, according to the update. The dashboard previously reported 175 cases in the UT community since school started Aug. 26, according to previous reporting by The Daily Texan. The dashboard now shows 282 cases reported in the community since that date.

“On Sept. 8, the university received data from Austin Public Health through our contact tracing agreement that included positive cases among students who had been tested outside of University Health Services (UHS) and had not self-reported their positives to the university,” the update said. “We have retroactively added these 109 positive cases to our dashboard.”

The 109 cases added to the UT dashboard were already reflected in Austin Public Health dashboards, according to the update. The overall Austin case count has not increased.

In addition to positive tests from off-campus testing sites, the dashboard will continue to report clinical positive tests from University Health Services, UT Health Austin, the Proactive Community Testing Program and self-reports.

The dashboard updates nightly and cases are noted on the dashboard based on when the results are confirmed, according to the update. Cases are sometimes added retroactively, according to the update.

“There are times when we must retroactively add cases to a previous date due to a gap between when the test results were reported and when the data was shared with us,” the update said.