9 sites to shop at for digital Black Friday

1125_BlackFriday_RockyHigine
Rocky Higine

This year, Black Friday is looking a bit more like its partner in crime, Cyber Monday. With new COVID-19 cases in Texas reaching record-breaking levels, it’s time to shift the annual shopping tradition from browsing crowded stores to scrolling through online deals at home. 

Here are nine sites to check out for your Black Friday needs.

For Longhorn beauty gurus

People may not be getting dressed up to go anywhere, but there’s no shame in getting glammed up for a Zoom call or an at-home photo session.

Ulta Beauty has Black Friday deals all week long and is offering free shipping on orders of $35 or more. The website is divided into 50% off, 40% off, 30% off and under $10 to make shopping on a budget much more streamlined.

Sephora’s Holiday Sale is already underway, with new discounts lasting 24 hours appearing each day. Additionally, shoppers can get a sneak peak at their Black Friday deals via the Sephora app. Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes and Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kits will be half off.

Let’s get digital

Between studying for online classes and bingeing everything Netflix has to offer, our laptops haven’t caught a break this year. It’s probably time for some new technology.

Best Buy boasts thousands of deals on their website. Save anywhere from $50-$500 on laptops and purchase wireless earbuds starting at $24.99. 

Dell is offering sales on its laptops, $350-$770 off Alienware gaming laptops and new “doorbuster” sales each weekday at 11 a.m. ET. 

The Campus Computer Store, located in the Flawn Academic Center, is hosting a fall sale from Nov. 1-30. Get a 13-inch MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar for as low as $1,674, and save up to 30% on the Apple Watch Series 5. 

Hit the outdoors

After spending months inside, maybe it’s time for a breath of fresh air. Go online to browse through deals on camping gear and any outdoor necessities before heading out to reconnect with nature.

Academy’s Black Friday sale is live, with up to 50% off bikes and 30% off sunglasses. All Magellan clothing is buy one, get one 50% off.
As for REI, the retailer is closing its doors on Black Friday as part of its #OptOutside campaign, encouraging customers to spend a little less time indoors.

Support local businesses 

Big businesses aren’t the only ones with hot Black Friday deals or special offers. Consider shopping local to ensure your favorite small businesses are around for years to come. 
BookPeople, the largest independent bookstore in Texas, has published their 2020 Digital Holiday Catalog, which features select books from the year and themed gift bundles. Most range from $40-$50 for adults, and kids’ gift bundles go for $25.