Kinsolving Residence Hall, Honors Quad without water due to inclement weather

_JDM3794w2
Jack Myer

Editor’s Note: This story was updated regularly until Sunday, February 22. Information within this story may no longer be up to date.

Students in Kinsolving Residence Hall and the Honors Quad no longer have water due to a shortage in supply from inclement weather. 

Shauna Sobers, assistant director of residence life at University Housing and Dining, said students in both locations may not have water because of the shortage.

“At this time, what we’re hearing is that the city of Austin is having some water pressure concerns and concerns with water supply that are out of the control of our University and staff,” Sobers said. “We’re getting in contact with the city and trying to mitigate that concern as quickly as possible.”

Students in those residence halls are being directed to other buildings to use the restroom or get water.

According to University Housing and Dining spokesperson Cynthia Lew  water is off in the Texas Union due to low pressure. Those at the warming station can expect a delivery of bottled water to be used, a tweet from Student Government said.

Showers at Gregory Gym are also unavailable due to low water supply, according to a tweet by UT RecSports.

The Daily Texan is currently looking into the water status of other on-campus buildings and will update this story as we find more information.